Fair Housing Policy
Heights Properties, its affiliates, salespeople and employees commit to the following:
- Providing equal professional service to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or other protected status of any prospective client, customer or resident of any community.
- Keeping informed about fair housing laws and practices, thereby expanding upon our customers’ and clients’ opportunities.
- Demonstrating through advertising and the media that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded.
- Informing our clients and customers about our rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws.
- Documenting our efforts to provide equal professional service whenever possible.
- Respecting the diversity and differences within our customer base, and remaining informed on those differences in order to provide Truly Remarkable Service.
- Taking a positive approach to fair housing practices and aspiring to follow the letter and spirit of the law.
- Committing to continue in the development and implementation of fair housing practices in accordance with our leadership role in the real estate profession.
- Refusing to tolerate non-compliance.
Standardized Operating Procedures for Prospective Homebuyers in Order to Receive Services from Heights Properties:
- There is no general requirement to provide photo identification prior to a property showing or entry to the offices of Heights Properties. However, individual property owners or certain listing brokers may require photo identification prior to a showing, and we will communicate this information to buyers or tenants in advance of such showing.
- An exclusive buyer representation agreement is not required.
- A pre-approval for a mortgage loan is not required to work with us, per se, however, individual property owners or certain listing brokers may require one – and if so, we will communicate that to buyers as applicable for any properties buyers may wish to view.